Hyderabad, the capital of the Indian state of Telangana, is renowned for having a lower cost of living than other significant Indian cities. The cost of living can change depending on a number of variables, including personal spending patterns, preferred ways of life, and housing preferences. Here is a summary of what it costs to live in Hyderabad for singles, families, and couples :
1. Bachelor’s Degree Living Expenses:
- Accommodations: A one-bedroom flat in the heart of the city can be rented for anywhere between INR 12,000 and INR 20,000 per month. The rent may be slightly less expensive in the suburbs, starting at about INR 8,000 per month.
- Utilities: The monthly cost for electricity, water and gas would be between INR 2,000 and INR 3,000.
- transit: Fares for public transit, including buses and the metro, range from INR 10 to INR 50 each trip. Additional expenses would apply if you owned a two-wheeler or used a ride-sharing service like Ola or Uber.
- Food: Depending on your preferences, your monthly food bills may change. A bachelor might spend, on average, between INR 3,000 and INR 5,000 per month on groceries and eating out.
2. A family’s cost of living :
- Accommodations: Depending on the area, renting a two- or three-bedroom flat in a respectable neighbourhood could cost anything from INR 20,000 to INR 40,000 per month.
- Utilities: The monthly cost of power, water, gas and internet for a family would range from INR 4,000 to INR 7,000.
- Transportation: Similar to bachelors, the cost of transportation would depend on the method of transportation chosen. A household could set up between INR 3,000 and INR 5,000 per month for travel expenses.
- Food: Depending on the size of the family, their dietary preferences, and their eating patterns, a family’s monthly shopping costs normally range from INR 5,000 to INR 8,000.
3. Living Expenses for Couples :
- Accommodations: The monthly rent for a one-bedroom flat in a posh area could range from INR 15,000 to INR 25,000.
- Utilities: Monthly utility costs for power, water, gas and internet would range from 2,500 to 4,000 Indian rupees.
- Transportation: Depending on the mode of transportation, the monthly transportation expense for a couple would be comparable to that of bachelors and range from INR 2,000 to INR 4,000.
- Food: Monthly grocery and restaurant costs for a couple range from 4,000 to 7,000 Indian rupees.
Please be aware that the aforementioned figures are approximations and may change depending on one’s preferences, way of life, and location within Hyderabad. For more precise and current information on living costs in Hyderabad, it’s always a good idea to conduct more research and consult local sources.